Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Virginia Horses needing homes

This blog is set up for the sole purpose of listing horses who need homes. In this dismal economic time more and more people are having to give up their beloved equines. I wanted a safe place to post them so others can see who needs a home without having to surf the net for hours on multiple sites.
This is not a place to "sell" your horse to make a profit. Adoption fees should be listed at 300.00 or less to encourge that adoption. If you are rehoming your horse please use caution and screen the new home well. Brokers are looking for cheap horses to re-sell and or take to auction and your horse could end up at a feedlot.
If you need help screening homes I will be glad to provide adoption contracts and or questionnaires to better insure your horse goes to someone reputable. Ask questions when you are adopting and or re-homing your horse. You just cannot be too careful.

If you have a horse you need to re-home please list them here using these guidelines:

1. Breed__________________
2. gender_________________
3. age__________
4. health issues____________
5. temperament from 1 to 10 (1 being bombproof and 10 being a wild thing)_____
6. training level (green to bomproof child's horse) __________________
7. location of horse______________
8. adoption fee______________
9. your contact info________________
10. horse must be picked up or I can help transport__________________

If you are looking for a particular horse you may also list what you are looking for here using the same basic guidlines. Be as specific as possible. Just click on comments to see what has been posted.

Note: the owner of this blog makes no profit of anykind on the sale of your horse. This is not a rescue organization but a public resource to list your own horse.

4 comments:

  1. I think anytime someone steps up and makes a effort to help in any way is wonderful. This is a good idea. I hate to think of the horses ending up in auction houses destined for China. I also hate to think of the horses out there without adequate food or housing because the owners can no longer afford to take care of them but have no idea how to find them good homes. I have two ponies of my own and would have more if I could afford to and had more space. I

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Breed___Walker_______________
    2. gender__male/gelding___
    3. age_20(ish)_________
    4. health issues__some vision/hearing loss___
    5. temperament from 1 to 10 (1 being bombproof and 10 being a wild thing)_2 or3 ____
    6. training level (green to bomproof child's horse) _can ride at walk fine
    7. location of horse VA__
    8. adoption fee__0.00_____
    9. owners contact info_Bonnie- spoiledbon@yahoo.com
    10. horse must be picked up or I can help transport_inquire if intersted__
    Request pictures from owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am always glad to help and wish I could do more. We have 5 horses here and it's a struggle at times but we make it. We love our animals and want to help any animals or people who need it. Glad to see others care about the animals too! God Bless
    Bren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if my last post made it through, so...
    I have a 17 year old TB gelding. He is very gentle. He is an off the track racehorse. I have his papers and he has had shots and neg coggins. He is so sweet, but he is fast and I am not an experianced rider. I ride him, but I wont let him open up. I was told that he also will pull a buggy. I will be doing a lot of traveling with my job now and I cant take care of him. I will give him free to a good home.I will also be selling my mustang/QH mare
    Thanks
    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete